I WANT TO TRY OUT MAXI DRESSES FOR SUMMER BUT I'M ONLY 5 FEET TALL ---- CAN I STILL PULL IT OFF?
Logically, petite women should stay away from maxi dresses, but style-savvy women with diminutive frames such as Mary Kate Olsen and Nicole Richie prove they're no longer off limits.
* The key is cut and proportion ---->choose a dress with an empire line or cinched waist to avoid being swamped by the fabric.
* Avoid Voluminous skirts ----> Opt for a stylish A-line or bias-cut for an elongating look.
* A solid-colored Dress cinched with a chic belt right on the waist complements your frame. Another flattering option is a dress with a solid-colored top half and printed bottom half. Just steer clear of gargantuan prints as they have a tendency to drown you.
* Dont be Afraid to Show some skin. you'll find that it is the most flattering way to wear a maxi dress. To create the best proportion, flat-chested women should pick a low-neck style while top-heavy ones should go for a halter cut or backless style. Adding a slit on one side can also create an elongating look especially if you opt to wear flat sandals.
* wear you belt right ----> a thin belt is in order when wearing a printed dress. A statement belt, on the other hand, looks sophisticated on a plain dress as it anchors your entire look.
* a fitted vest or waistcoat is a great way to personalize your style while creating definition in a dress and adding the illusion of shape.
* Finally, finish off your look by adding a little height with chunky platform shoes in wood, rope or leather.
hope my tips will help you be more trendy and fashionable,. and summer is near approaching.. have and indulge everything under the sun.. :)