Thursday, September 23, 2010

Angelica receives set of diamond earrings from Derek

MANILA, Philippines – Two weeks ago, Derek Ramsay and Angelica Panganiban finally got to celebrate their 4th anniversary as a couple.

Although their relationship has weathered many ups and downs, including a rumored breakup early this year, Ramsay is proud to say that his bond with Panganiban is as strong as ever.

“It’s been great. Usually, in four years, a lot of people get used to their partner na or get sawa na with their partner, but Angel and I are still moving forward so it’s been great,” Ramsay said.

Known to be very sweet and giving to each other, the “Magkaribal” actor gave his ladylove a mini-Cooper last year for their anniversary while Panganiban concocted a surprise with the help of one of the actor’s closest friends.

For their 4th anniversary, Ramsay narrated that Panganiban just wanted an intimate dinner at Antonio’s restaurant in Tagaytay.

“Kasi she said she wanted to eat at Antonio’s and wala pa akong binibigay na regalo noon so I tried to make her feel na wala akong regalo. Nag-aarte siya na ‘Hindi, ang gusto ko lang dinner sa Antonio’s,” he said.

“So, I set a dinner schedule at Antonio’s with my family. I had dinner with her and tried to piss her off by inviting my parents. I know she didn’t want to show it, but I know she wanted to be alone with me because it’s our special day, but I planned it all out so she wouldn’t expect a gift from me,” he recalled.

He said all the planning was worth it when he presented the pretty actress with the jewelry.

“She was speechless with the gift I gave her. I gave her a set of diamond earrings na tig-two and a half carats each,” he said.

On her Twitter account, Panganiban said: “Totoo po ang diamond earrings na gift sakin ni Derek. Ganon po kami mag regalo sa isa't isa... Hindi ko kasalanan na ganon namin kamahal ang isa’t isa at hindi namin iniisip ang presyo ng bawat regalo namin taon taon.”

She further said both of them are working hard to save up for their future.

“Nagpapakahirap at nagpupuyat ho kami para makaipon ng pera para sa future namin. Huwag na kayong magalit kung mahal nya ko,” Panganiban said, alluding to their detractors who continuously criticize their relationship.

No comments: