Sunday, August 9, 2009

Body Talk with Bea Alonzo


Is Bea Alonzo ready to jump into the “bold-wagon”?

Just because she’s donning a two-piece for the first time — that is, in And I Love You So, Star Cinema’s 16th-anniversary offering opening nationwide on Wednesday, Aug. 12 — people might think that she is.

“It’s not like that,” says Bea who placed No. 33 in FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women of the World 2009” honor roll (she was No. 16 last year). “I’m doing it only for a movie but not for TV or a pictorial, not especially for a men’s magazine. I’m not ready for that.”

Directed by Laurenti Dyogi, And I Love You So must be so special for Bea to shed (some of) her inhibitions. Bea plays a woman between two loves, played by Sam Milby and Derek Ramsay, in a story about love, loss and letting go. She has worked with Sam in Close To You and with Derek in One More Chance, and both in the soap Maging Sino Ka Man.

“It’s an anniversary presentation, so I feel that I’ve given it my all. I have love scenes that I’ve never done in my past movies and give all my emotions in the drama scenes, and I also had my hair cut. If it doesn’t work,” she adds with a laugh, “ewan ko na lang.”

Bea is gifted with an amazing ability to give credence to characters much older than she is (turning 22 on Oct. 17, a Libran). What inspires her to do it?

“It’s the script. Our writer is so good that when he explains the role, you can’t help but fall in love with it so much that there’s no reason for you not to give it justice. All of my past roles were older than I. It’s only in And I Love You So that I’m playing a character within my age range. On the positive side, I learn a lot from playing characters much older than I. Mas lumalim ako as an actress because I am able to portray all kinds of emotions. You know, when you’re happy, hindi lang basta happy. May iba’t-ibang klaseng saya. Ganoon din pag malungkot ka.”

It helps that her latest movie is megged by Dyogi who also directed Bea in a few ABS-CBN soaps, including Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay, her first TV starrer.

“I started with direk Lauren. Technically, siya ang nagturo sa akin kung paano umarte. I’m comfortable with him,” adding, “but I was not comfortable in my love scenes (with Sam) because first time na ganoon ka-bongga.”

What do you expect from your leading man during love scenes?

“I take a good bath, I brush my teeth thoroughly and gargle mouthwash. I expect my leading man to do the same. Sam is gentleman enough to do that.”

How did you get the kind of body that you have now?

“For almost one month, I ate nothing but boiled eggs and nilagang saba everytime I got hungry. Only egg whites, without the red part which is full of cholesterol. But sometimes, including the red part. I’m young so I can afford it.”

Are you able to take three square meals a day?

“Hmmmm...Not always. But now that I have my (desired) weight, I can eat more. The only problem is that I have gotten used to my boiled-eggs/nilagang-saba diet kaya ‘yon at ‘yon pa rin ang gusto kong kinakain. But I can eat whatever I want basta low-carb lang.”

What’s your weight now?

“Ayokong sabihin! Secret!”

Your height?

“5’8”.”

What about your vital statistics?

“Ay, nahihiya akong sabihin. Secret na lang! Basta, ang shirt ko small-size na; dati, medium or large. My top kasi is small and I’m bottom-heavy. Malaki ang balakang ko.”

Does your balakang (hips) need improvement?

“I think so. I think I got it from my father who is Brit. Di ba mga Brit malalaki ang balakang? I have to work on it.”

Oh, you have time to work out?

“Now, none. But I hope to resume working out now that I’m done with the shoot of this movie. Ako kasi, I’m basically mahinhin, although not so much now. I’m not the sporty type.”

What part of your body is most vulnerable?

“I’m not sure what part but I have a problem with balance. I have small feet kasi. With my height, I should be size-nine shoes but I’m wearing only size-seven shoes. Lampa kaya ako! Madali akong madulas at madapa. I’m like my mom. She also has small feet.”

And what part of your body is your favorite?

“Puwet ko; my butt. Maganda siya! I don’t think many people are gifted with a nice butt. Hehehehe!”

What part of a guy’s body do you first look at?

“The eyes. Mahilig ako sa magandang mata.”

Like that of other stars, your schedule is tight. How much sleep do you get per night?

“I’m happy with six hours.”

What’s the last thing that you do before you go to sleep?

“I wash my face, para hindi ako magka-pimples. I use a toner for my face. That’s it. Hindi naman ako masyadong maarte.”

And the first thing that you do when you wake up?

“I go to the bathroom, check my face in the mirror, brush my teeth and wash my face.”

Favorite sleep wear?

“Loose, comfortable dresses like the ones I use sa taping. Iniuuwi ko ang mga ‘yon. Pantulog ko.”

Do you snore?

“I wouldn’t know. When I’m asleep, hindi ko naririnig ang sarili ko na naghihilik. Hehehehe!”

Do you talk in your sleep?

“Hindi ko rin naririnig. Hehehehe! Teka, my mom said that I do talk in my sleep kapag pagod na pagod ako.”

Do you sleepwalk?

“When I was small, yes I did. Stress-related daw ‘yon.”

You are flawless. How do you take care of your skin?

“Aside from toner, I use moisturizer, lotion, and just soap and water. Once a month, I go to the spa for a scrub and a massage.”

Most women are afraid of the sun. Are you?

“No, I’m not. In fact, I love the sun. I want nga my skin to be a bit darker. Ayoko ng maputing-maputi. Gusto ko healthy-looking lang.”

How do you cope with stress?

“I practise yoga. I bond with my friends who are not from showbiz to keep me grounded...para ma-remind ako who I was before I joined showbiz.”

How do you manage your time?

“I see to it that it’s not all work. I try to find time to relax. Now that I’m not so busy, nakakapag-spa ako and I have more time for my family and friends. Maluwag ang schedule ko ngayon. I don’t have a TV show. After And I Love You So, I’m doing another movie again with Lloydie (John Lloyd Cruz), for release next year.”

Favorite hideaway?

“Beach.”

Favorite city?

“Remember the last time we had an interview? I told you na gusto ko makarating ng New York. I’ve been there na, finally! I also like Barcelona. I’ve been there na rin.”

How’s your love life?

“Wala pa rin!”

I can’t believe it! Are you too pihikan (choosy)?

“Not really. Hindi lang binibigay ni God.”

What are you looking for ba in a guy?

“No specific qualities. I will know it when I meet the right guy. Kaya lang, hindi pa ako nakakaramdam ulit ng kilig?”

Ulit? What do you mean?

“Di ba kami noon ni Mico (Palanca)? Siya ang ex ko, di ba? Noon pa ‘yon.”

Name three women you think have nice bodies.

“Angelina Jolie. Sana katulad ng sa kanya ang katawan ko. Megan Fox. And Jessica Alba. Ganda ng bone structure niya.”

And three men...

“Body lang?” (Pause and laughs) “Feeling ni Sam babanggitin ko ang name niya.” (Turns out Bea and co-stars were dubbing for And I Love You So during the phone “body talk.”) “O, sige na nga...Sam Milby. Ay naku, dalawa na lang ang pipiliin ko; sinayang ko na ‘yung first. Hehehehe! There’s also Brad Pitt in Fight Club. And, of course, Derek Ramsay.”

Using only body language, how would you make a guy know that you admire him?
”I simply look at him. If he looks back, I smile at him and make beautiful eyes. I’m sure he can get the message na.”

No comments: