Friday, July 23, 2010

Pops and Martin's son wins 2010 MYX VJ contest

MANILA, Philippines - The eldest son of Concert King and Queen Martin Nievera and Pops Fernandez is one of the 3 newest VJs of the MYX music channel.

Robin Nievera, along with Julz Savard and Ton Vergel de Dios, was proclaimed the winner of this year's search for MYX VJ during the awarding ceremonies Wednesday night. With their victory, Nievera, Savard and De Dios will now be part of the music channel.

Special awards, meantime, were given to Mana Manalaysay (Garnier Fresh Face of the Night), Kirsten Rice (Charmee Girl of the Night), and De Dios (SM S3's Stylista Challenge Winner).

Twelve aspiring young jocks have competed their way to become part of the MYX family, but only 3 were chosen.

Passion

Born Roberto Martin Nievera, Nievera said in his previous interview that his passion for music and talking about anything made him decide to join the competition.

"I love talking. I love to talk besides making music kasi I like making people laugh. I like doing things with the camera," he told abs-cbnNEWS.com.

Aside from talking and making people laugh, he said being part of the search would help him promote his music. Nievera is the guitarist and vocalist of indie-rock band "Wagyu."

He also acknowledged his parents’ help in his quest to make a niche in the local music industry. He said they would always give him advice on how to talk to the camera and have fun on-cam.

"They are still helping me. Whatever I do, even if it's not music, they will help me. So, both my parents will be part of my life and supporting me with whatever I do. So, they are helping me now," he said.

No comments: